Thursday, 27 January 2011



Today I made mochi for the first time ♥

Mochi is a traditional Japanese cake made out of glutionous rice. It can be used to make lots of other desserts (and sometimes savoury items) such as daifuku (can be applied to any mochi with a sweet filling, like red been paste, or even a whole strawbeery (ichigo daifuku)), mochi ice cream (ice cream covered in mochi) and ‘moffles’, mochi waffles ♥



I got the recipe from Vegan Yum Yum but used Earl Grey Vanilla instead of plain water ♥ and rolled my mochi in cornflour, icing sugar, and coconut. It was so easy to make and I don’t think it took more than half an hour. Plus they’re cheaper, healthier and tastier than the pre-packaged mochi I buy from my local Asian supermarket : )

2 comments:

  1. These look so delicious. I can't wait to make some of these. Thanks for sharing the recipe :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. duuude, I effin love mochi. gotta have it with some sweet filling though. I love the strawberry ones.

    ReplyDelete